Last month I was lucky enough to host a baby shower for one of my best friends and celebrate the arrival of her little JellyBean. I know you probably have amazing friends, but Alana is whole new level of amazing and we are so lucky to have her in our lives :)
I decided to go with a vintage storybook/library theme for the shower. Alana has given WeeOne numerous books with amazing letters written to him on the inside cover, so I thought this would be a perfect fit. Here is the invite and some of the other decor/print stuff…
1) I had my talented mom write a rhyming children’s story using their last name
2) I split the book up into pages
3) Each guest got one page of the story, a canvas, paint, scrapbooking ‘stuff’, and a stack of photos of the main character – a kangaroo.
4) Filled each guest up with mini quiches and mimosas
5) and then had their individual creativity shine by painting the scene in their page.
6) Each guest left with a magnet bookmark as a thank you
After all the canvases were all painted; I collected, scanned and turned them into a Blurb book to give to the new JellyBean.
Here is the cover….
and some of the beautiful illustrations Alana’s loved ones made…
I am so excited the JellyBean is finally here and we love her so much already.
If you are interested in a custom download of any or all of the the party assets contact me to set up an etsy listing.